sabato 3 novembre 2007

...order, please!


This picture is called “Order please!” and I chose it to introduce this post about tidiness.
During our last lesson in the lab I discovered the existence of a new technological tool: the feed aggregator. Well, since I’m not used to blogging I think it’s quite normal that I had never heard of it before. Nevertheless, I have to say that it is very useful and easy to manage.
Before last Monday I had already bookmarked each blog of my group on my pc: you know, I love traditional approaches, even if I understand that, apart from my blog, I need to update also my technical knowledge. In fact, this tool allows me to see if the blogs I subscribed to have been updated by simply looking to an easy page, where I can find all the new information that has been added. In this way you can save a lot of time! Otherwise you should go to your bookmarks, select each single blog and see if it’s been updated (with the risk of finding every time the same old stuff!) With Bloglines (the program we used) you can also organize all your blogs and sites in different playlists, so everything is more clear and neat. So, if you want to tidy up your virtual mess, check it out to www.bloglines.com!

3 commenti:

vale ha detto...

Fede!
good choice, really nice picture!
You are right when u talk about updating our technical knowledge, that's what I should do as well!
But as I wrote on my blog, I'm still in real trouble with bloglines, I haven't clearly understand how it works yet..but I believe that maybe with some help we can make make it!!!
Does it work only for virtual mess..or also for psychological mess?!?!ahah!
c u!!
xxx

Elisa rossi ha detto...

Hi Fede! You always amazes me with your originality: the idea of using a picture to describe the advantages of bloglines is wonderful!I agree with you when you say that it helps people to make order in their information. In this way you cannot forget to visit some blogs or sites which you are interesting in and you save a lot of time! I like the way you write as well: you style is linear, clear and, I think, correct. Moreover, you are always so funny that reading your posts is always a pleasure!
See you soon
Eli

Giovanna S. ha detto...

Hi Federico!

How are you?

I always enjoy reading your posts because they’re well-written and structured. In this post I like your association between the picture and the organization of feeds. It caught my attention, and the other peers' attention as well. You’re always creative and this is an important quality!

As I read in your post, you didn’t know what feed aggregators are. I didn’t know that as well! Anyway, we could appreciate Bloglines because it’s very helpful and easy to use, as you pointed out too. We don’t need to be computer scientists to understand how this tool works, and in my opinion this makes Bloglines very successful! Don’t worry if you feel that you ‘need to update also your technical knowledge’. I think you’re managing to do all the tasks very well, and you’re surely learning a lot of new tools. Before approaching Bloglines you used bookmarks, but now you understood the importance of this feed aggregator…and this is what matters!
I’d like to write few mistakes you made in this post, and I hope you’ll appreciate that. If you’ll find mistakes in my posts, just write them in your comments. I’d be grateful to you for your help!! Here are the mistakes: ‘looking to’ isn’t correct; you have to write ‘looking at’. ‘Allows’ can’t be used here; you have to use ‘enables’, because ‘allow’ means ‘to permit someone to do something’.

See you soon!

Giovanna