lunedì 10 marzo 2008

...exchange Italy-USA

Last week we started our exchange with Dickinson college. I remember that day for two basic reasons: first of all, an awful weather! The day before seemed a spring day: it was quite warm, sunny and my mood was positive (allergy apart!). But, the following day…my God…it was so cold and windy! Moreover, it was raining and I couldn’t keep my umbrella open for the wind, so I walked around Padua searching for the lab and I got there all wet! Consequently…a little bit of fever and a crazy headache for the next two days!

Secondly, we started this exchange through skype. That day my peer was a nice sweet girl from L.A., California with Chinese origins. Well, for both of us it was our first time doing such a thing, so we were a little embarrassed at the beginning, but then we chatted for about an hour.
Although we were asked to talk about education, we needed time to introduce ourselves, so we just talked about the campus and the opposite situation we have here in Padua, where all the university buildings are among those of the city. We talked half in English and half in Italian. I noticed we had more difficulties in talking in Italian, but I think she was good, because she told me she has studied Italian only for a year and a half. I tried to slow down and I think we managed to understand each other, technical problems apart. Nice experience!

1 commento:

The Ghellers ha detto...

Hi Fred!
I just want to thank you for your support during my first skype exchange!!!
Happy Easter

stefania